Popular Posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

Method 9~~~ Chat and Instant Message

I did not find anyone to chat with during my lesson because I have been using chat features for at least 15+ years.  I have grown up with chatting and IMing my friends.  I find it extremely easy, fun, and like that  I don't have to know if someone is available by calling them. Or I can ask a quick question and be done with the conversation instead of sitting on the phone wasting my time.  Having IM available for most of my life might be why I dislike phone conversations.  I use GoogleTalk and Meebo on a regular basis.
I think chatting and IMing certainly can have a place in the library.  First off staff could use it to communicate with others. They can ask for help, know if a staff is at their desk, use it for conversing without having to pick up the phone.  Librarians could also offer chatting with patrons during certain hours of the library for reference questions.  Our library is currently not offering chat/IM.

No comments:

Post a Comment