Popular Posts

Monday, July 25, 2011

Beyond Method 10~~~ Meet you Online (online meetings)

Online meetings and conference tools are quite foreign to me.  The main experience I have is from a previous job, in which our help line for our software would use WebEx to help solve our issues.  I have sat through a few webinars but only one so far at the library.  I personally have never used Skype nor would I have a need to.  Anyone that I would want to Skype with does not have the technology in order to do so - for example my grandparents.  Our library is not currently using any type of online meeting/conference tool at the time for patrons to contact us or to use. I don't think our patrons would use a "Skype a Librarian" type of service but they might like if we had a computer station in order for them to Skype with others.  As noted in one of the articles a lot of people like to multitask when on the phone and if you are doing a video chat with someone it is nearly impossible (esp. to not be rude) to do anything else but concentrate on the call/caller.

No comments:

Post a Comment