Popular Posts

Monday, July 11, 2011

Method 7 ~~~ Tagging, folksonomies & social bookmarking in Del.icio.us

I have been using Del.icio.us for a couple of years to help with my job search.  Instead of having to go through every city website to their employment section I bookmarked the page and had easy access to see when/if new jobs were posted.  So far this has really been my only use of the program.  I like the fact that the bookmarks can be accessed from anywhere.  If I am away from my home computer I like that I can go to any other computer with web access and still be able to access sites I have saved.
I can see libraries using Del.icio.us or other social bookmarking sites to give more information to their patrons. Websites that accompany a  program that was popular or an upcoming program could be helpful.  Websites that can help educate on computer use would also be helpful.  Once again though I'm not sure our patrons are always up for these new advances.  

No comments:

Post a Comment