Popular Posts

Monday, July 18, 2011

Beyond Method 6~~~ eBooks and eReaders

  1. On your blog, add a link to the book record that you viewed and post to your blog about this exercise. (Please include “Beyond Method #6″ in the title of your blog post.) Was Project Gutenberg easy to use?  Do your think your patrons would be interested in a public domain service like Project Gutenberg? If a patron wanted help putting a title from Project Gutenberg on an eReader, do you think you would be able to help them? 
I visited Project Gutenberg and looked up Mansfield Park by Jane Austen.

I had heard of the phrase Project Gutenberg but have never looked at the site. I am not a Classics reader so the books that have been made into eBooks are not the type of genre I seek out.  The site was easy to use and I liked that they had different formats of the book available so you can download the one that you need for your device.  I thought the HTML version was easy enough to read, but I don't like to sit and read novels at my computer.  Our patrons might like Project Gutenberg if they are looking for Classics and I think it would be easy for them to figure out how to get the book to their device on their own but if they needed help, it didn't look that difficult to download.

My problem with eBooks in the library is that I have no personal experience with the different devices  so it is hard to help with specific questions when patrons come in asking how to do something on their device. 

No comments:

Post a Comment