Popular Posts

Monday, July 25, 2011

Beyond Method 12~~~Last Dance: Reflection and Evaluation

Some of my favorite discoveries while doing the Beyond Two-Steppin' program were how easy it was to label and embed a google map to personalize it, social cataloging (LibraryThing - because I like to do this on my own time),  and screen casting. The majority of the steps in this program were things I was not familiar with and things I really had no interest in so I never sought out to find information on them.  It was a good thing to have to step out of my comfort zone and find out about some of the new(er) technologies that I had been avoiding. 

I had the same suggestion in the last program, but the main thing that could be improved upon is to make sure all links work and sound quality is good in the videos that are required to view.  As technologies change and websites go down just as quick as they went up, it is probably  a hard task to make sure the program stays relevant and current.

If there are more programs to learning Web 2.0/Library 2.0 options I would be happy to take them. I think it is important for librarians to stay on top of the emerging technologies in order to at least stay aware of current trends and options to engage our patrons.  We may not see the need or have the means to always try the new technology but it is good to know what is going out there on the Web and in library-land.

No comments:

Post a Comment