Popular Posts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beyond Method 7~~~Next Gen Presentations

Library 2.0 Prezi

I tried the presentation tool Prezi.  I was not familiar with any of the different programs that we learned about and Prezi seemed to be the "it" presentation method. I thought about trying the Google Docs Presentations since I am a fan of Google/Google Docs but thought I'd reach out of my comfort zone and try something completely new to me.  I haven't needed any sort of presentation software since I was in graduate school so it was a little bit baffling at how far these types of things have come.  If I needed to do a presentation on anything, I certainly would now know to look past PowerPoint and go to one of the next Gen sites. 

I found Prezi to not be very user friendly and more than once got frustrated and almost just posted something really plain.  My presentation was not anything special, but I did play around with some of the settings a few different times and tried out different things to make it look more exciting than a PowerPoint slide show.  I like that you can put YouTube videos and graphics easily into the presentations and liked the search feature that was used to find graphics. That was the easiest part of my presentation.  I also could not figure out a way to embed my Prezi which I would have liked to do.

I sincerely doubt we'd ever have a patron ask about Next Gen presentation websites but I feel comfortable enough now to know that there is a such thing and would be able to give them options of programs and possibly help navigate the sites.

I do not see a use for this Web 2.0 program whatsoever in our library.  We don't do presentations and I think if we did a simple PowerPoint would be adequate.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment