Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Beyond Method #2~~~Customized homepages

I have used iGoogle on a personal level for awhile until I felt it was more bothersome than just using seperate windows or tabs for my gmail or google reader (most commonly used google products for me).  I found it didn't always send out my emails and if I wanted to make sure it was going to be sent properly I had to open up a gmail window anyways.

I think Netvibes looks more professional and can be used more in libraries without having to know how to program and edit content to be used in iGoogle.  The Netvibes examples I looked at (Cranbury Public Library and Dublin City Public Library ) have very nice homepages that they have set up.  I think that a lot of the information given on the Netvibes pages though might be too advanced for normal patron use. I do like the idea of being able to search from the catalog as well as Google or other sites that were on the homepages that were set up.  Sometimes our patrons don't even know how to get to Google from our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment