Popular Posts

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Method 6 ~~~ YouTube




I haven't used YouTube very much. I know of it, know how to use it etc, but never feel the need to spend my time watching countless videos that others have uploaded.   I found the above video regarding the Librarian's 2.0 manifesto which I remembered from library school and found it fitting for this blog.  I think the site is quite user-friendly and depending on the need of the user has some interesting videos to watch.  In general I dislike YouTube because it seems like just about anything can be posted and there is no telling what you might stumble upon.

In regards to library usage of YouTube...I can see a library using it for a tour of the building, Children's librarians could record story times and Reference librarians could have OPAC and computer usage demonstrations.

So far I think that this particular Web 2.0 feature is one most libraries could use.

No comments:

Post a Comment